Whether you are planning your own baby shower, or a baby shower for a loved one, there is a whole host of fun activities and themes to help you plan the best baby shower for your friends and family.
Sweeping across the UK, Baby Showers have become the perfect way for mums-to-be to celebrate having a baby (before having no time at all once the little bundle of joy arrives).
As cake makers in Oxfordshire, Cakes for All UK have played a very fun role in a number of Baby Showers across Banbury, making some delicious baby shower cakes and cupcakes to compliment the day.
Whether you know the sex or not, baby showers are the perfect time for mums-to-be, nannies-to-be, aunties-to-be and lifelong friends to celebrate all things baby.
Whatever the theme, whatever the budget, here’s some tips to plan a truly memorable baby shower:
- Think food, you don’t have to put on a lavish spread. Baby showers are actually the perfect time for everyone’s favourite: cake, and delicious buffet food.
- Baby showers tend to be a very civil affair, with plenty of tea, coffee and soft drinks. You can even get creative with non-alcoholic cocktails.
- Think about entertainment. If you have a number of children attending your baby shower, you will need to think about entertaining your child guests as well as adult guests. What games can they play? From quizzes to guessing games, give the baby a dummy and baby food games, this is your chance to get a little silly and just have fun!
- While your guests’ presence is enough, you can also treat them to prizes and gift bags.
- Don’t forget your cake! Who doesn’t love a slice of cake? Especially at a baby shower. Whether you are making a baby shower cake, or bringing in cake-making expertise.
- Do you know the sex? Will it be pink, blue, neutral themed or something completely different? Will you be revealing the sex of your baby at the baby shower?
As baby showers increasingly become a rite of passage for mums-to-be across the UK, the best advice to be given is to just enjoy it. At such an exciting time for any soon to be mum, having friends and family around to celebrate is just the icing on the cake!« Back to Blog